The Department of Commerce (Aided) was started in 1976 and has a track record of excellence in academic and other extracurricular activities. It is a recognized research Department which offers B.Com, M.Phil, and Ph.D programmes. The department has highly qualified and experience staff members who always strive to impart knowledge to the students and help them in their overall development. It has the distinction of conducting an array of activities like symposium, seminars, workshops, projects, Business quiz and Competitions. The department is proud to witness its alumni as Professors, Chartered Accountants, Entrepreneurs, Bank employees and Managers.
Highlights of the Department
- The course curriculum is updated to have the recent trends in all fields of commerce, in addition, job oriented and skill development courses are offered in every semester of the programme
- The teaching methodology includes Role Play, Case studies, Watching Business Channels live to witness the board rooms, Share price movements, Budget Sessions, etc.
- Students are trained on Filling and Filing of Tax returns
- It is mandatory every student undergoes Institutional Training in Banking/ Insurance Company, Auditors Office, Share broking firms or any other organization of their choice for a minimum period of 15 days to acquire the practical knowledge of the subjects.
- The Department Library has more than 840 books donated by Alumni, Retired Staff
- Regular Financial literacy programmes are conducted for non commerce students urging the students to open bank account, imparting knowledge on Digital banking service , usage ofPan card
- Regular Parent Teachers meets are arranged and Awareness on various financial products is given to them
- Conducting awareness programmes on Savings with Bank and Post Office to the Government School Children in our adopted village
- Department enjoys a good rapport with its alumni and it is evident from the monetary support for conducting skill development classes, books donation besides handling knowledge sharing sessions
- The students of the department outperform in sports and extracurricular activities too
- Faculty of the department participate, publish and present papers in national and international seminars/conferences.
- Special care is given for differently abled students for their academics and other requirements.