The Catechism and Moral Instruction Committee aims to lead students in the righteous path and make their life a meaningful one. This committee categorises students into Catechism and Moral Instruction classes to enrich their knowledge about their religion and the values of life. The sole purpose of CMI Committee is to help students to lead a disciplined spiritual life in the midst of a challenging world. The catechism students from the Christian background learn about the significance of God, His sacrifices for the world and the need for the protection of all life forms. Through His teachings, students imbibe good values and know about the precious life God has given them. Students of Moral Instruction classes are taught the importance of moral values pertaining to life and to discriminate the right from wrong. To widen the spectrum of beneficiaries of this noble mission, the committee conducts varied programs on different levels even for students of other schools and colleges across. This year the following activities and programmes were conducted.
- With the invocation of the blessings of God, the academic year started with a Eucharistic celebration on 18.06.2018, by Rev.Fr.R.D.E.Jerome, Secretary, Bishop Ambrose College, Coimbatore, for all the staff and students.
- The Holy Mass is conducted regularly for the staff and the students on the first Friday of every month
- The following guest lectures were conducted for the students on 29.06.2018
(i) Rev.Fr.R.D.E.Jerome, Secretary, Bishop Ambrose College, Coimbatore, addressed the second and third year UG and all PG students on the topic “Love Yourself”
(ii) Rev.Fr.Kirubakaran, Principal, St.Michael’s Matriculation School, Coimbatore, addressed the first year UG students on “Doing Our Best”
(iii) Mr.Sam from Scripture Union , Coimbatore addressed the third year Computer Science students on the “Spirit of Acceptance”
- An Intercollegiate Competition “DUNAMIS 2018”was organized on 30.08.2018.Rev.Fr.Elangovan, Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer, Othakalmandabam and Rev.Fr.Antony JesuRaj,Parish Priest ,Divine Mercy Church, Kuniamuthur were the chief guests. Nearly 15 colleges from different districts participated in this programme.
- Orientation Programmes were organised for all the students on 1st and 3rd of October 2018.The resource person, was Rev.Fr.George Chinnappan SDB, General Secretary, TNBCLC, Tindivanam delivered a motivational speech on “Masters Leading Us Through The Path Of Life”.
- Rev.Fr.R.D.E.Jerome, Secretary, Bishop Ambrose College, Coimbatore, gave a inspiring talk on “You can Win” for all the third year UG students.
- Christmas celebration was conducted on 22.12.2018. Rev.Fr.Arun, Director, Bishop’s House, Coimbatore, addressed the gathering.
- The New Year 2019 began with the celebration of Holy Mass for all the staff and the students, by Rev.Fr.Selva Raj, Director, Pastoral Centre, Bishop’s House, Coimbatore and Rev.Fr.Benito, Assistant .Parish Priest, St.Michael’s Cathedral, Coimbatore
- Inter-Departmental competitions like ‘Wealth out of waste, Pencil Sketching, Photography and Mime on the theme “Social Awareness” were conducted for the students on 4th and 5th of January 2019. Mr.Subramanian, Associate Professor, Dept. of Visual Communication, Hindusthan College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore and Ms.Rabecca, Carmel Garden Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Coimbatore, were the judges for the event.
- Valedictory function of the CMI Committee was held on 22.02.2019. Mr.Rajesh Govindarajulu, Indian National Trust for Arts & Cultural Heritage, Coimbatore, delivered the Valedictory Address on “Positivity- The Spirit of Life”.
The CMI committee strives hard to plan and execute various activities for the spiritual growth of the students. With the blessings of the Lord Almighty the committee will bring forth various programmes during the forth coming year for the betterment of the student community.